We welcome original material about your travel adventures and stories about place, people and culture.
To get a story published in Geokult Travel, please follow these guidelines.
You will need to supply a short biography (200 words or less) and a profile image (no more than 250 pixels wide).
- word length should be between 500-1000 words
- In Plain English – check out this helpful guide
- All online and offline references are to be listed
- Indent all quotations
- Please avoid the use of ampersands unless it is in a title
- Author must use their own images or have rights to publish (copyright free or via CC License)
- Images need to be correctly cited where possible – see this site for more details http://sydney.edu.au/copyright/staff/citing.shtml
- A thumbnail 250 pixels wide needs to be supplied as the feature image (used to profile the article)
- Photographs need to be compressed for online publication – no more than 1200 pixels wide and 72 dpi
- All images require caption text (used as alt text to support accessibility)
When using the copyright symbol © – please use this format: © Tracey Benson 2014
University of Sydney – Citing Images and Diagrams – Copyright (accessed 7 May 2014)
Wikipedia – Plain English (accessed 16 April 2104)
Wikipedia – Creative Common Licence (accessed 16 April 2104)
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG 2.0 (accessed 16 April 2104)